It has been one of my New Year’s resolutions to have a good attitude about everything. Job, singleness, life. I’m not going to lie, it’s a constant struggle for me. Maybe it’s because my job is boring (dangit, self, adjust the attitude). But really, I’m sure it’s natural for most people to focus on the things that are less than ideal instead of everything good you have going for you. But you really HAVE to focus on the good things or you’re just perpetuating your unhappiness (AND no one will want to hang out with you – it’s a vicious cycle).
I was whining via text message to my good friend (you know who you are – thanks ladyfrand) and also checking out all my favorite blogs, and I came across this post, on one of my favorite blogs, where she asked all her readers to list three things that they’re thankful for.
So in the spirit of appreciation and not whininess, I present you with my appreciated items, as of right this second:
1. That I have some wonderfully funny, witty, and supportive girlfriends.
2. The health and safety of my family.
3. Red wine (please don’t send me to the Betty Ford).
4. Weekends when you can lay in bed and read while it’s raining (maybe with red wine – look at that – things overlap) and not have to go anywhere.
5. Duck Dynasty – this deserves a whole separate post, but it’s such an amazing, hilarious, genuine (tv) show. A half hour attitude adjustment if I ever had one. Don’t judge me (love it SO much). I do own camo, but I’m still a cityfolk.
Look at that, more than three happy things, and those just came off the top of my head. Lesson learned.