This is my foray into food blogging. I wish I were domestic and fancy enough to have a legit food blog. It takes more time than I have during the work week, but I do love to cook. It sounds counter-intuitive, but I find it oddly stress-relieving. Also, most of the food blogs I love make up recipes or change up recipes, something that I just don’t have the mad cooking skills to do (…yet). But, I figured I’d share my favorite (healthy) thing to cook (probably cause I’m eating it right now and it’s so good). I really probably cook this once a week. It’s super easy (I swear, any domestically inept goober can do it), requires so few ingredients, and is extremely low-cal but SO freaking yummy I can’t even tell you. It’s from Cooking Light so I can’t take credit for it. At all. Except I did find it amidst the millions of recipes (that should count for something, right?)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; toss to coat tomatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Add fish to pan. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve the tomato mixture over fish. Drizzle with lemon juice.
That’s it. I always eat it with parmesan couscous (out of a box, 5 minutes, done.) SO good. I’d just eat the cherry tomatoes plain. I plan to incorporate them into other recipes.
If you’re interested in something more fancy than my basic recipes, here are a few of my favorite food blogs (some of them have some super deadly baking recipes and they’re really pretty fun to read even if you have no intention of making anything… same with cookbooks, or is that just me?):
Anyone have others? (Or am I the only one that spends so much time reading blogs? That might be real.)