As of late I have really gotten into reading blogs. It’s an incredible drain of your time but I love it! I feel like it’s a bit voyeuristic to read people’s personal blogs, though at the same time, I do hope that people read and enjoy mine. They’re such a great source of entertainment, inspiration, and information. Though it seems like I just rant on mine, sorry. I’ll work on that. Anyways, I stumbled upon this girl’s blog about entertaining which I really like. She has also posted this life list (see link above) of all of her goals in life. Very brave I must say. I’m kind of bummed I don’t have a list of my own. There’s something scary about setting goals and publishing them out in space in a way that somehow holds you accountable for having to do something about them. Sometimes you need the push though.
So I’ve decided I need to work on my own list. First of all, as a type A lawyer, I LOVE lists. Checking things off is just so rewarding. Sometimes I add mundane tasks to my list, just so I have things I can check off…absurd, I know. Yes, I have a list of books I plan to read (ex. read War and Peace, cliche I know) and am always updating a mental list of places I want to travel, but it pretty much ends there. Making a list like this is a great process because it really forces you to think about yourself and what you want and where you want to go. And then actually do those things.
Don’t worry kids, I’ll keep you updated on my progress. First on the list: make a list, hah. Most of my list will likely be places I want to travel, so that will be the easy part. Not going to lie, I’m probably going to steal several items from this girl’s list. Also on my list is to learn more about building a blog platform (as you can probably tell, I’m not quite tech savvy). I want my blog to look pretty and I want strangers to want to read it. I’m already inspired: as it turns out there are tons of online WordPress classes. Perfect. I feel so accomplished already.
Anyways, off the top of my head are the following items that will make the list:
1. Learn how to build a blog platform (and find people that want to read it!)
2. Take an interior design class (it’s these blogs I read, man, they’re inspiring!)
3. Serve on the board of directors of a non-profit (is it shooting for the stars too much to add a for-profit company also??)
4. Publish a magazine article.
5. Own my own business.
6. I have a long book list… I’ll update it and post it soon.
7. Ditto with the travel list… that’s one of the most important so I’ll need to really commit a lot of time to make sure I don’t forget anything on that one.
8. Take the knife skills class at Central Market (or something similar). It apparently changes your life. I love cooking, but am in need of technical skills. This is a small item on my list, but you can’t have all grandiose agenda items… too scary.
Anyone have any suggestions for my life list??